Executive Search Associate
MERC Partners Contact
Executive Search Associate,
MERC Partners is Ireland’s leading executive search firm and for four decades has specialised in the recruitment, assessment and development of senior business leaders. Over the years, MERC Partners has placed key decision makers in positions of influence within many of Ireland’s leading public, private, semi-state and not-for-profit organisations.
The Executive Search industry continues to thrive in Ireland as both indigenous and international companies turn to Executive Search firms to help find and recruit critical senior talent. MERC Partners continues to deliver exceptional results for our clients and remain at the forefront of executive search in Ireland.
Due to the continued growth of our business, MERC Partners wish to add a key member to the Research team. Reporting to the Head of Research, the Executive Search Associate will define, develop and implement executive search strategies. They will develop a deep knowledge across a breadth of industries, sectors, organisations and roles and identify, assess and place executives in senior and board level positions.
The role is varied and challenging, working on multiple assignments alongside all members of the Partner and Consultant team and interfacing regularly with both clients and candidates. Analytical, tenacious and creative, the successful candidate will be a highly professional team player. They will have an interest in a range of industries, a naturally curious attitude and a desire to build a career in management consulting or professional services. Excellent project management and communication skills will be essential, as will robustness, a sense of humour and the presence to make an impact at senior management levels.
- Building relationships with candidates, clients and colleagues alike
- Operating with sufficient independence to take ownership of assignments from briefing to presentation of shortlist to the client
- Identifies, approaches and assesses senior level candidates on multiple retained executive search assignments across a wide range of industries and functions
- Participates in client briefing and assignment review meetings
- Capacity to plan and manage a number of parallel projects
- Maintain and review critical databases and assess quality and relevance of other reference sources, keeping colleagues advised as appropriate
- Writing client and candidate progress reports as required, demonstrating progress against key milestones and candidate suitability against key criteria
- Third level qualification, ideally in a business-related discipline
- Solid understanding of multi-disciplined business – open in terms of industry background or functional background
- Confidence in approaching and speaking with senior business professionals is critical
- Commercial awareness
- Professional approach at all times with high standards and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and ability to grasp complex issues quickly
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Results orientated and client focused
- Project and time management capability co-ordinating a number of projects at once
- Enthusiastic, energetic and resilient
To explore this exciting opportunity further, please contact Ciara Farrell on 01 206 6707 or please submit your CV and information to email@example.com and state the title of the position in the subject line of your e-mail.